Saturday, April 21, 2007

Wow

I could write about the excellent racing in last night's NASCAR Busch Series Race--not only that of Matt Kenseth and Clint Bowyer at the finish, but also that of Denny Hamlin, Jeff Burton, and Carl Edwards for the top five places. It would be very appropriate to note the very touching and emotional display of rememberance for the victims of the Virginia Tech tragedy, not only by the drivers and crew members from Virginia, but by the entire organization and the ESPN broadcasting staff.
Dale Jarrett's excellent comments on Juan Pablo (Johnny Paul) Montoya's aggressive style of driving.
"In Formula One," Jarrett explained, "the race is won on the first lap, so he (Montoya) is used to going for all at the beginning of the race...Either the other drivers will learn to race his way or he will learn to race the way the drivers here do. I think he will learn to race the way the NASCAR drivers race." (That's not an exact quote, I can't remember what he said word-for-word, but that describes the point he was making.)
(AP Photo/Ken Sklute)

I would like to describe the flashback I had regarding Matt's chartruesse colored paint scheme. I thought it was 1999 at PPIR. Man, I hate that color, but I like the driver.
I would like to write about how the NBS race at Phoenix was the best we have seen in any series so far this season, but, really, one word suffices--
WOW!

1 comment:

The Dixie Butcher said...

I appreciated DJ's comments, too. Great explanation, and summed it up succinctly - we can move on now!! If we have to go with anything other than the preferred "Hay-Pee" (Columbian for "JP", of course...), I like Johnny Paul best. It has a nice, racy, Southern feel. Like Opie's little buddy, Johnny Paul Jason.