Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bye Bye Blogmad

Blogmad has become a parasite, literally. When I tried to view my blog, the url kept getting redirected to adbaaz/blogmad.net. There was no way to view this page. It was easily rectified by removing all the blogmad widgets that were on this page, but I have to assume that Blogmad is no more. I tried to go to Blogmad directly, and got the same adbaaz page.
To my fellow bloggers who have used Blogmad, please remove the blogmad widgets and banners from your layout, so others may read what you have posted, if you haven't already done so.
It would have been nice if the owners of Blogmad had issued some kind of warning before they shut down the site. Now, who knows what kind of spam we will be getting because there was no chance to remove our blogs from their directory.
Both Blogflux and Blog Catalog are decent directories that are going strong, and I recommend these. Blog Catalog has been decent for generating traffic, and Blogflux has some good traffic widgets and other interesting things.
At least now I don't feel compelled to spend hours surfing random blogs.

No comments: